In this week's Five Good Questions, we're interviewing Mike Michalowicz about his book Fix This Next.
Mike Mi-KAL-o-wits is the author of Profit First, Clockwork, Surge, The Pumpkin Plan, and his newest release Fix This Next. By his 35th birthday, Mike had founded and sold two companies - one to private equity and another to a Fortune 500. Today he is running his third multi-million dollar venture, Profit First Professionals.
Mike is a former small business columnist for The Wall Street Journal and the former business makeover specialist on MSNBC. Over the years, Mike has traveled the globe speaking with thousands of entrepreneurs, and is here today to share the best of what he has learned.
Five Good Questions:
1. When every problem in a small business feels existential, how do we prioritize what to fix first? What is the Business Hierarchy of Needs?
2. Many businesses, particularly in Silicon Valley, have grand visions of changing the world, yet their unit economics might not work. How does that violate your Business Hierarchy?
3. What can the Winchester Mystery House teach us about being an entrepreneur?
4. What is the biggest mistake you see that holds back the good from becoming the great?
5. What special advice do you have to small business owners who may be facing 50-100% drops in revenue?